Entry Level GeologistKERAMIDA, a WBE Indianapolis-based environmental consulting firm, is expanding its Land Division. Our Indianapolis office has an immediate opening for an entry level geologist with 0-3 years of experience. Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related environmental degree is required. Master's degree in geology is preferred. Internship or field experience is a plus. Additionally, the candidate's skill set should include excellent verbal and written communication skills, basic computer experience, as well as the ability to work independently.
For the right candidate, the position could be their first step to a long and rewarding career with KERAMIDA. KERAMIDA provides an environment of continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding atmosphere in which both personal and corporate successes are valued and celebrated.
KERAMIDA offers excellent benefits and a competitive compensation program that rewards for performance and results. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. KERAMIDA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The position will include the following:
- soil boring logging
- excavation logging
- monitoring well installation
- soil sampling
- groundwater sampling
- data interpretation
- environmental site assessments
- soil-related technician services
- report and graphics assistance
The candidate should possess a basic understanding of geologic principles, hydrogeology, geomorphology, structural geology, and preferably experience with drilling, rock/soil logging, and soils compaction observation techniques.
As an entry level geologist, the candidate will collect, interpret and compile data from sites, with field work involving field geologic mapping, rock/soil sampling, installation of monitoring wells/devices, soil borings, identification of soils, logging, and evaluation of geologic conditions.
This position requires strong attention to detail in order to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, specific client requirements and KERAMIDA's quality requirements.
The successful candidate must have the willingness to travel and perform field work, even under inclement weather and physically demanding conditions. This position requires adherence to work schedules.
BS or BA in Geology (minimum), Environmental Studies, or Environmental Engineering is required. Master's degree in geology is preferred.
- OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training
- The ability to obtain a PG license is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
Environmental Drafting Services TechnicianEstablished in 1988, KERAMIDA has become the Environmental, Sustainability, and Health & Safety Consulting, Engineering, and Planning Advisor of Choice for private and public clients worldwide. Our professionals have a unique understanding of sustainability strategies, environmental compliance remediation technologies, health & safety requirements, EHS management systems, emergency management, industrial energy reduction, and governmental programs.
As the Employer of Choice for our people, we offer a great work culture, competitive pay, full benefits, holidays and paid vacations.
The Environmental Drafting Services Technician (EDST) is responsible for creating various digital illustrations primarily using Autodesk AutoCAD software. Using KERAMIDA format and branding standards, the EDST creates figures to convey environmental information for internal or external client review, various private reports, and state and/or federal agency reports including, but not limited to:
- Geologic cross section diagrams
- Ground water flow diagrams
- Monitoring well location maps
- Soil sample location maps
- Contamination location diagrams and maps
- Remedial design plans
- An Associate Degree in Drafting and Design from an accredited program
- At least 2-4 years of relevant experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software (Equivalent internship with a civil engineering design firm will count toward total years of experience.)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- A strong understanding of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Willingness to learn additional software, as needed
- A team player attitude, and contribute to a positive work environment
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Acrobat
- RockWare Surfer
WastewaterThe successful candidate will have a certificate or higher in water technology or a related field; if no degree, then at least two years of relevant wastewater operations experience.
The ideal candidate will have any/all of the following: Wastewater license; familiarity with the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations (e.g., maintaining piping, pumps, valves, and tanks); operating and maintaining instrumentation on treatment systems and meters; laboratory sampling and recordkeeping; preparing field reports; general maintenance of vehicles, work areas, and equipment; understanding of principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical water/wastewater treatment; knowledge of wastewater collection systems and water distribution systems; knowledge of/ experience with safety training.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
KERAMIDA Project Manager I / GeologistCandidate Primary Responsibilities
The preferred candidate for this Project Manager I position is one that can fulfill the below listed responsibilities and has the skillset required to successfully perform the tasks required by this position.
- Manage projects under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager
- Develop and efficiently manage project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Mentor, train and supervise entry level geologists
- Complete field work including but not limited to logging of soil borings; installation of monitoring wells; collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, and air/vapor samples; oversight of remediation activities including excavations and chemical injections; and documenting field activities
- Contact and coordinate with subcontractors and set up POs through internal purchasing system
- Track, manage, and invoice project progress and budget using accounting procedures
- Assist Senior Project Managers with project coordination and managing project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Perform Phase I assessments per ASTM standard
- General understanding of the IDEM Regulatory Programs
- General understanding of IDEM Remediation Program Guide and Remediation Closure Guide
- Technical competence of interpreting hydrogeologic data, soil and water analytical results and preparation of reports
- Prepare tables and figures using analytical data and topographic / site maps
- Perform statistical analysis of data and work with graphical programs such as ProUCL and Excel
- Perform critical review of technical reports including: text, tables and figures
- Research scientific literature and regulatory requirements
- Follow company safety standards, prepare site-specific Health and Safety Plans
- Mandatory BS in Geology, MS preferred
- Licensed Professional Geologist (LPG) preferred or in position to obtain
- Must be self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5 years of field experience (soil borings, well installations, multi-media sampling)
- 3+ years report preparation with good technical writing skills
- Good data management and general organizational skills
- Strong computer skills for database work, proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Surfer and LogPlot
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively under deadlines and within budgets
- Strive to understand client’s objectives and craft solutions that incorporate client needs
- Require nominal supervision
- Work in a team setting
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required
- Willingness to occasionally travel overnight as needed, including other states primarily in Midwest
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training completed with subsequent annual refreshers Physical Demands
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Field activities may require lifting objects weighing more than 50 lbs
Method 303 InspectorKERAMIDA, Inc. is looking for an Industrial Air Inspector to conduct daily inspections of coke oven batteries. The individual must provide quality random daily inspections of coke oven batteries in Clairton, PA.
Job Description: A daily performance test is conducted each day, 7 days per week for each coke oven battery to determine compliance with each applicable emission limitation for coke oven doors, topside port lids, offtake systems and charging operations.
- At least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Position requires the inspector to wear flame-resistant clothing and use of respirator (cost of both covered by KERAMIDA)
- Strong tolerance for heat
- Method 9 air inspection experience and familiarity with coke oven batteries a plus
- For a qualified individual, KERMIDA, Inc. will pay for 303 Method Training/Certification and other required training